Makes 2 dozen
6 cups desiccated coconut
2 cups cake flour
8 cups oats
3 cups white sugar
1 tbsp salt
20 ml cinnamon
60 ml syrup
20 ml bicarb
½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Spray and cook a large oven tray.
- In a microwave proof bowl melt the butter and syrup together. Set aside
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the bicarbonate of soda and mix well
- Mix the bicarb and milk together, and add to the butter and syrup mixture.
- Mix the butter mixture with the dry ingredients, and mix well through
- Press out on a sprayed baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Cut in squares and let cool. Loosen the squares and place them on another baking tray. Dry out in the oven at 50-100C for 3-6 hours or until hard.