Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
Make 1 springform pan -base:
- 200g Oreo cookies
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
Nutella mousse filling:
- 3 tsp gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup soft icing sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup heavy/thickened cream
Nutella ganache topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy/thickened cream
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips/semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted then chopped (Note 6)
- 1/2 cup heavy/thickened cream (for whipping)
- 3 tbsp Nutella, warmed
Prepare pan: Flip the base of a 20cm / 8” springform pan upside down – this makes it easier to remove the finished cheesecake without the lip in the way. Butter pan base, then press on a square sheet of baking paper. Clip the pan sides onto the base, letting the excess paper overhang. Butter and line the pan sides with more baking paper.
Oreo biscuit base:
1. Blitz cookies: Roughly break up Oreos with your hands and place them in a food processor. Blitz until they become fine crumbs. Add melted butter, then blitz again until combined.
2. Press into the pan: Transfer crumbs into the prepared pan, pressing evenly and firmly onto the base (I use the underside of a straight-sided, flat-bottomed cup measure to do this).
Nutella mousse filling:
1. Bloom gelatine: Place water in a small bowl then sprinkle the gelatine powder across the surface. Stir to partly dissolve. Set aside 5 minutes. It will turn thick; this process is called blooming. Microwave the gelatine for 15 seconds to turn it into liquid, stir, and then let it stand for 5 minutes to cool.
2. Cream cheese and Nutella mixture: Beat cream cheese, Nutella and icing sugar until smooth. Add the cooled gelatine liquid and beat for another 30 seconds.
3. Whip cream: In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold in cream: Add one-third of the whipped cream to the Nutella mixture and gently fold until just combined. Fold in another third of the cream the same way. Then fold in the remaining cream.
5. Transfer to cake pan: Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and place back in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Nutella ganache: Place cream, Nutella and chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl. Microwave in two 30-second bursts, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Pour ganache onto cheesecake: Allow ganache to cool for 5 minutes, then pour over the set cheesecake base. Tilt the pan to spread it over the surface evenly.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 3 hours before sprinkling it with hazelnuts (otherwise, they sink into the cake!)
Sprinkle over hazelnuts. Pipe dollops of whipped cream around the edge, then drizzle with warm Nutella. Slice greedy-sized wedges and devour!