- 1 kg Pork Loin, cut in 3x3cm pieces
- 1 Red pepper, in cubes
- 1 pineapple, in cubes
- Pickled onions
- 2 cups apricot jam
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup soya sauce
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ cup fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly coarse black pepper
- Assemble the skewers by starting with the pork, pickled onion, pork, pineapple, pork, red pepper, pork.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients till you have a smooth texture of liquid juice.
- Pour the marinade over the pork kebabs and left to rest in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Heat a griddle pan or the braai till smoking hot. Place kebabs in and sear the kebabs on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side. If you braai them, you can cook them completely on the braai. Baste the kebabs with the marinade while braaing them.
- Place the seared pork kebabs in an ovenproof pan, and pour over the sauce.
- Bake in the oven till done 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with some of the sauce brushed over the kebabs.
Note: Do not cut the peppers and pineapple too small or too big. Nice bite sizes.