Serves 8 portions in bowls
- 1L full cream milk
- 60 ml Butter
- 4 rooibos sachets
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 60 ml cornstarch
- 60 ml cake flour
- pinch of salt
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- Cinnamon to decorate
- 4 cups Tennis Biscuits
- ½ cup White sugar
- 80ml Melted Butter
- Crush the biscuits, mix in the sugar. Combine well, pour into small glass jars and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, boil the milk, rooibos and butter over medium heat until boiling point. Pour through a sieve.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together, until white and foamy.
- Make a paste with the corn starch, flour, salt and vanilla essence and add to the egg mixture. (use some water to make the paste).
- Whisk in some of the milk mixture to the egg mixture, then whisk in the egg mixture to the milk mixture, place back on the stove and stir until starting to boil very fast. Switch off the heat, close the pot with a lid and leave to stand for 5 min.
- Pour the filling into the prepared glass jars and place it in the fridge.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.